We encourage both attendees and
members to get involved in serving God
We encourage both attendees and members to get involved in serving God. Here are some possibilities:
- Greeters stand at the entrance on Sunday mornings and provide a warm greeting to both guests and members.
- Ushers assist with seating, take up the offering, hand out programs, etc.
- Technicians are needed to monitor sound and operate video equipment.
- Altar Guild workers prepare communion for worship sometimes help with the distribution of communion.
- Assisting Ministers help the pastor in leading worship.
- Lectors read the scripture passages during worship.
- Musicians are needed to play in the praise band.
- Singers for the praise band perform and help lead congregational singing.
- Choir members sing anthems for the traditional worship services.
- Small group leaders are trained to minister to spiritual needs of members through regular small group gatherings.
- Small group participants are able to develop relationships with others grow in their faith through regular participation in a small group.
- Sunday School Teachers help teach our children what it means to have a relationship with Christ.
- Various task forces help move the ministry forward in areas such as finance, education, worship, stewardship, fellowship, property, mission and outreach. These groups meet monthly or quarterly to assess the church’s needs and develop solutions.
- Griefshare volunteers who help with grief support group.
- H2O volunteers who distribute non-food items to needy families.
- Life Choices volunteers work with pregnant teens in the community.
Training is provided for most of these positions. If you would like to serve in one of these areas please contact us online and we will direct you to the appropriate person in charge.